5.15.2015

Vegan Truffles




Although Courtney will sometimes 'splurge' on non-vegan treats during the holidays, this Easter she really wanted to stay vegan so I made her some vegan truffles. After looking at a variety of recipes with the same ingredients but different ratios, I decided to wing it. Luckily they turned out delicious. I don't know how they compare to non-vegan homemade truffles because I've never made any, but they aren't quite See's Candy like....mostly due to the fact that they aren't as sweet.

I ended up using semi-sweet chocolate chips, but next time I want to try the recipe with a really good, high-quality chocolate. Anyway, here's how I made them...

Ingredients:
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
Cream from one can of coconut milk
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract 

Method:
// Put chocolate chips and coconut oil in a bowl
// Heat the coconut 'cream' on low heat until simmering
// Pour 'cream' over the chocolate chips and stir slowly
// Add maple syrup and vanilla extract

Note // If you like little bits of chocolate chip in the truffles, just stir the mixture a bit less. Easy-peasy!

Toppings I used:
// almond meal
// cocoa powder + powdered sugar
// coconut
// crushed pretzels

I paired them with almond butter + chocolate pretzels and packaged them up semi-nicely.

Enjoy!

// Lauren 

No comments:

Post a Comment