5.16.2015

MeMadeMay | Mid-month Update

So this May I decided to participate in MeMadeMay. Knowing I didn't have enough pieces to wear a handmade garment everyday, my pledge was to wear or work on a handmade garment everyday. So far I've missed quite a few days, but it's teaching me about what I like to wear and the holes I need to fill in my closet.

So far I've really enjoyed wearing the pieces I've made. Because I've made them slowly over time (and with care), I think they really fit in with what I like to wear in terms of style, color, and comfort. I'm excited to keep adding to my handmade wardrobe. Right now I have a couple of pieces I'm working on.

Days 1 - 3 // I worked on new pieces. I cut out a Tova dress and a Tiny Pocket Tee. I'm working on raising the neckline of the Tiny Pocket Tank, so it's taking me a bit longer to sew up. That and I wasn't super into sewing on those days.

May 4 // I wore my linen Scout Tee, RTW shorts, Birkenstock Gizeh sandals, and my handmade bag from last May. 


May 5 // I wore a lace Scout Tee that Courtney made me for Christmas.

May 6 - 9 // There were a lack of clean clothes in my closet and I was super busy with school work so I wasn't able to work on anything.

May 10 // On Mother's Day Courtney and I went to the Art Star Craft Bazaar. I wore my linen Tiny Pocket Tank, RTW shorts, and Birkenstock Gizeh sandals.


May 11 - 12 // More misses.

May 13 // I wore a shirred denim skirt...one of the first handmade garments I made. I paired it with a RTW tank top and Saltwater sandals.


May 14 // I wore I light, sheer-ish white Scout Tee (another Christmas gift from Courtney) and RTW shorts.

May 15 // Courtney and I ventured to a historic cemetery to take finished project pictures. I wore my linen Scout tee again. It looks like I'll be wearing a lot of repeats unless I get sewing.


// Lauren

1 comment: