5.15.2015

Easter 2015 // Vegan Feast

This Easter was the first Easter I spent away from my family. Although I missed the delicious brunch buffet and dinner at home, Courtney and I managed to create a delicious vegan brunch feast. The menu was decided a couple weeks in advance on a boring run, a typical Lauren and Courtney move.

We definitely kept the Easter basket tradition alive and made baskets for each other. I made Courtney almond butter + chocolate dipped pretzels, vegan truffles, and Chex mix. She made me vegan chocolate chip cookies, a zippered pouch with a cross stitched patch, and a cross stitched bookmark. We also picked out candy for ourselves at CVS. Easter isn't Easter without candy!

After opening Easter baskets, attending church (Courtney's idea), we cooked and ATE!

We had vegan caesar salad, which was super delicious. The roasted chickpeas and topping m a d e the salad. Courtney also made homemade rolls + herbed cream cheese and we made little sandwiches with Field Roast Celebration Roast + Field Roast Chao Cheese



I was in charge of a veggie so I decided on sauteed green beans with slivered almonds. I also made roasted smashed fingerling potatoes (not shown) and a fruit salad. I was so fruit deprived this winter that I NEEDED fruit on Easter even if it was non-local and/or out of season. I bought strawberries, raspberries, and a pineapple to add to our CSA oranges and apples. It ended up being surprisingly delicious.



Thankfully we had plenty of leftovers. I think we ate Easter food for another two days...not that I'm complaining! 

You can read Courtney's recap, here.

// Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment