5.22.2015

Linen Stitch Cowl



While I am pleased with how this cowl turned out, I never planned on knitting a linen stitch cowl or using these two yarns for anything but socks. I signed up for a mini skein swap on Ravelry and decided to send a variegated jewel tone skein of Lisa Souza Sock!. Well my scale wasn't so accurate and I ended up with 13 mini skeins instead of 10. Not wanting to short anyone, I bowed out of the swap. However, the super kind Dyakcraft Ravelers, not minding a short mini skein, convinced me to join in again. Still not wanting to short them, I picked another yarn and meticulously divided it according to yardage. Next time, I will invest in a better scale. This one was highly recommended during the swap.

It's linen stitch in the round, which is surprisingly meditative once you get in a rhythm. Once I cast off, I felt like it still needed something so I added a crocheted picot border. Crochet is not my strength but the border was easy enough to do. This was super helpful.

After blocking there are two creases...hopefully those steam out.





Pattern // Made up my own, but it's essentially just linen stitch
Yarn // Lisa Souza Sock! Merino and KnitPicks Stroll Sock Yarn
Needles //  Size 4 [DyakCraft Darn Pretties in Rosewood]
Ravelry Notes // Here

No comments:

Post a Comment