5.29.2015

April 2015 | Recap

On the last day of March, Courtney and I stayed up super late so that as soon as 12 am on April 1st rolled around we could sign up for the Philadelphia Marathon at a special rate. It was only $80 (plus processing fees), so incredibly cheap for a marathon. Thankfully, we, along with my mom, Marissa, and Heather all signed up in time to get the special rate. That means November will be a fun month of visitors and running.

I had my first SAS class and loved it. I can totally imagine myself spending all day creating / working on SAS programs. We'll see how that goes when I take more advanced classes.

That weekend was Easter, which Courtney and I spent enjoying Easter baskets and brunch. Since Abby had sent us some vegan Easter candy, we decided to send Abby a little surprise. I knitted her a little Bunny Nugget, but instead of stuffing it I turned it into a finger puppet.


Thanks to a sale at Running Warehouse, I bought some new running shoes. They are a bit different than my current shoes, but the same brand, so I decided to give them a try. To be honest, the orange and green sealed the deal.


After poking around the planner community on Instagram and the internet, I learned about Muji pens and decided to try them. They are now my favorite pens!  


My mom sent me LaraBars after I asked her to try and snag the new limited edition flavors at the store. They are one of my favorite snacks. 


Courtney and I finally got to visit Mariposa Coop, thanks to our local store being out of nutritional yeast. Thankfully we found what we needed, plus Earth Balance Sour Cream + Onion and Cheddar chips. I could barely get out of the store before I wanted to sample some. While they are both good, the cheese were my favorite.

I kept plugging away on Courtney's sweater. It's taking forever, but I know that in the end it will be worth it.  


We also visited Loop for their 10th anniversary celebration. Of course we made a stop at Rita's on the way. At the shop I picked up some Madelinetosh Merino Light in Susquehanna, a custom dyed colorway for the shop as well as a skein of Brooklyn Tweed Loft.


While at Loop I saw a Koigu + Madelinetosh Sock triangle shawl being knit by the shop's owner. I was intrigued. After asking about it on Instagram, I started one of my own with Koigu + Plucky Knitter Primo Fingering.

I had a meeting for my practicum this summer, which involved the subway, a trolley, and a bus. Needless to say, Courtney came with me to make sure I didn't get lost in a not-so-great area of Philadelphia. We figured that Courtney would sit in a Starbucks while I was in my meeting. HAHA! In that area there was no Starbucks to be found, so she got to enjoy a soda at McDonald's.

Also, my runs this month started getting longer, but I kept up the pace!


// Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment