11.01.2014

October 2014 | Recap

This month, Courtney and I got to explore the city a bit more!

We visited Fabric Row. There are quite a few shops, but only a few that we'd actually go back to. Most were upholstery shops or 'discount' fabric places with kinda weird fabrics. We did find a couple of shops that had a nice selection of apparel fabrics though, which was nice.

We tried Metropolitan Bakery. It was 'eh'. Kinda overpriced and slow service. I don't think I'd go back for coffee or breakfast, but I do want to try their bread.


Finally got to visit Trader Joe's and stocked up on pumpkin goodness! We bought other things too, but the fall pumpkin goodies were the highlight.


I swatched for Courtney's Christmas sweater.  It's the Grandpa Cardigan by Joji Locatelli.


I bought the Thug Kitchen cookbook and made Tortilla Soup, which was delicious. So far, I'm loving the cookbook. I want to make almost every recipe. 


We finally tried Grindcore House and then walked to Target.

More about Grindcore House, here




I made Courtney go with me to the Brooklyn Tweed Fall '14 trunk show at Loop and meet Jared Flood! I wrote more about it here.



Courtney's family came to visit and took us shopping and out to eat (a lot!). They stayed right near City Hall, so they had a nice view from the 26th floor.


I took my first graduate school midterm exam in Biostats and got a 97%. 


On Halloween, Courtney and I went shopping at Uniqlo and had a late lunch at Mi Lah Vegetarian.


I also caved and bought Halloween candy at 8pm, but it was already on sale! 


Goodbye October, hello November!

No comments:

Post a Comment