11.03.2014

October Goals | How did it go?



Read my October Goals post, here

Knitting

// Finish knitting my Grace cardigan - I didn't quite finish my sweater. I just need to finish the ribbing on the second sleeve and knit the button bands. Totally doable in November, especially since tomorrow I'm heading out to Fabric Row to find buttons.

// Swatch for Courtney's Christmas sweater - Done and done. I even blocked my swatch.

// Knit a hat. Fall is creepin' in afterall - Didn't get to this, but I did buy the perfect pattern and yarn at the Brooklyn Tweed Fall '14 trunk show.  



Other craftiness

// Plan Christmas gift list. Gifts for others that is, not me. Geez! - I have a nice list of ideas started, but it's not finalized since there are so many Christmas craft fairs around the city during the holiday season.


Fitness

// Try a fitness class at the gym - I tried Zumba and hated it. I don't have rhythm and can't dance, so that could be why. Also, since I couldn't really follow along, I didn't get much of a workout. I bought a yoga mat this month, so I'll try yoga next. If I don't like it, at least I have a nice stretching mat.

// Run 10x this month. I'm trying to get back into running - Yeah, didn't happen. I've decided to run the San Francisco Marathon, so November and December will be dedicated to building up a nice base for marathon training, which according to Courtney starts January 1st.



General life stuff

// Stay on budget - I basically stayed on budget except for a miscalculation at the beginning of the month and a necessary school purchase (STATA). I can live with that. 

// Try a new recipe - YES! I bough the Thug Kitchen cookbook and love it! I tried the Tortilla Soup recipe and was impressed. It was easy to make and super flavorful.

No comments:

Post a Comment