5.19.2015

French Terry Grainline Linden Sweatshirt

In January when my new sewing machine arrived, Courtney and I had a sewing weekend. I was able to complete a linen Scout Tee, a linen Tiny Pocket Tank, and a Linden Sweatshirt...all Grainline patterns. Because of MeMadeMay, I got my butt in gear and took some photos (with Courtney's help).

The pattern was extremely easy to sew up because of the raglan sleeve construction. Plus, that makes it extra comfy. I used a french terry that I purchased at Fabric Outlet in SF and made a size 8 so that I would be able to wear a shirt underneath. You never know how if the heat / air conditioning will be on in some of these old Philadelphia buildings.

Anyway, it's a nice loose fit and the perfect length without having to add extra. As someone with a long torso, I appreciate that.


Because I wanted to add a little interest, I sewed the bottom band and cuffs with the wrong side of the fabric showing. I think it makes a (kind of) boring beige sweatshirt a little more fun!



As with all Grainline patterns, I can definitely see myself making more Lindens in the future. I just need to get some appropriate fabric....preferably in a nice neutral gray.

// Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment