10.01.2014

September 2014 | Recap

Although I knew September was going to be crazy, it ended up even crazier than I expected. Understandable when you move across the country though. 

I started a Grace Cardigan at the Run on the Sly 50k (I was a spectator), but didn't make much progress until September. We also visited Apple Hill the first weekend in September. I'm so sad that I'm going to miss the peak apple season in California this year. 


My Mom, Courtney and I ran the 40th Annual Buffalo Stampede 10 mile race and finished under 2 hours! After the race, our running group surprised us with some going away goodies!

Yes, I know my bib is upside down. I like it that way. :) 



I found vegan Dole Whip at Menchie's!


Courtney and I tried Pushkin's Bakery! It's a gluten-free bakery with lots of vegan goodies. I tried a sandwich on their gluten-free bread and it was AMAZING! We went a little crazy on the dessert and bought a Mexican Wedding Cookie (not pictured because I scarfed it down), a lemon poppy seed muffin, a almond raspberry muffin, and a mini banana bread loaf. They were all delicious!


Courtney and I waited till the last minute to pack our luggage for Philadelphia which resulted in some last minute panicking and driving back and forth to repack and weigh bags. We crammed as much as we could in each bag while staying under the 50 lb limit. I think we were within 3 pounds on every bag.


We made it to Philadelphia Saturday night and spent Sunday sightseeing. My mom wanted to see the Wanamaker Organ in Macy's, so we saw that and then got some cheesesteaks from Pat's (not me).


Monday we moved into our apartment. That was stressful.

The rest of the week was spent doing touristy things. We saw Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell.

Photo by Kevin

Photo by Kevin
 We went to the MΓΌtter Museum. Not my favorite. I got a little queasy.


That night we ran up the 'Rocky' steps in front of the Philadelphia Museum of Art.


I had a two-day orientation for school.

The night before school started, Kevin, Courtney and I went to the Rocky steps again so Kevin could take some night shots.

Photo by Kevin
I started school on Monday and that Friday was my birthday! It was filled with birthday cake, exploring Philadelphia, yarn-y goodness, and vegan pizza! It was also the first time I got a chance to knit in over two weeks!


Goodbye September, hello October!

No comments:

Post a Comment