2.01.2014

January 2014 | Recap

This year I'd like to do a monthly recap post about what I've been up to. Here's my January complete with lots of Instagram photos.

I rang in the new year in Disneyland with my best friend and her family. While it was extremely crowded, I had a lot of fun. There's nothing like Disneyland around the holidays. My favorite part was definitely It's A Small World and the decorated castle at night.



The day after we came home, we had out first trail run...after not running since the marathon nearly a month before. It wasn't that hard, it was pretty easy technically speaking, and a lot of fun. I enjoy trail running more than running on the bike path; there's so much more to look at and scenery to enjoy.

After I was sure I wanted to continue, I bought trail running shoes! Brooks Cascadia 8, I believe.


The next weekend we (Courtney, her sister 'M' and friend 'H', my mom, and I) went to San Francisco for the Hot Chocolate 15K. We visited a favorite fabric store and then met M and H at Gracias Madre, a vegan + organic Mexican food place, and stuffed ourselves silly. After, we picked up our race packets, which was an adventure trying to find the pick up location, and checked into our room at The Fairmont at Ghirardelli Square. It was fancy...very fancy. The next morning we ran...it was a decent race, but the chocolate and goodies after were the highlight.










The rest of the month was spent trying to balance the increased mileage of an ultra schedule with everyday life.






Trail running is dirty (see above), but pretty and lots of fun!  

Goodbye January, hello February! 

No comments:

Post a Comment