5.26.2013

Julep Maven Starter Box: Boho Glam

Although I've seen Julep nail polishes on Instagram and on blogs around the internet, I never really looked into them because let's be honest, I don't need anymore nail polish. After learning about ipsy (and signing up), I was looking into other beauty subscription boxes and stumbled upon Julep again. Basically they send you a combination of nail polishes and beauty products for $19.99 a month. I'm not really interested in the beauty products, but they do offer the 'It Girl' style, which is three nail polishes instead of a combination of products.

Since I love nail polish and packages in the mail AND I could get an intro box for just shipping ($3.99), I decided to give it a try. Plus, I loved loved loved the fact that I could preview what would be in that month's box and decide to get it, skip it, or send it to a friend.

You take a style quiz so they can recommend the best box style for you, but you're always welcome to choose whatever style you want month to month. I ended up going to the Boho Glam box based solely on the nail polish colors.

Their order processing and shipping were fast, I ordered on a Tuesday and it arrived on Friday. I loved the packaging and attention to detail!

Untitled

The box included two nail polishes and their Glycolic Hand Scrub plus extra goodies (a nail file and polish remover pad). Interestingly, the hand scrub combined with a massage bar from Lush has really helped the folliculitis on my upper arms. So much so, that I wore a sleeveless dress this weekend! Pretty exciting for someone who has never found anything that really helps.

Untitled

A few days after receiving the box, I was able to try the polish and I love the thickness of it and how long it lasted on my nails. I cleaned the house without gloves the next day and only chipped one nail, which is impressive for me. Normally, I wouldn't paint my nails and then clean but I really really wanted to try my new Julep polishes. After four or five days I started to get a few more chips, which is a pretty long time for me, especially since I'm really hard on my nails. While I do like how long lasting it is, I do agree with a lot of the reviews out there that the bottle design, while pretty, is a little odd to work with as you do your nails.

I still prefer Zoya nail polishes, but Julep boxes will be a nice treat when I love that month's colors or I can get a good deal.

- Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment