5.02.2012

final project :: minoru jacket

In order to finish up my art requirement before graduation, I am taking costume construction this quarter. The class requires a final project and the only guideline is that it must be a clothing item that fits you. Perfect for someone like me who is more interested in the sewing and technical aspects rather than the actual theater part.

Anyway, I decided I wanted to make the Minoru Jacket from Sewaholic for myself. Although I have never sewed anything so complicated, I am going try though (and rely on the expertise of my professor). Right now I am still in the planning stages. I just ordered the pattern Sunday night and this weekend C and I are going fabric shopping in San Francisco. Let's hope I find fabric that works! 

Here are some great resources for this pattern: 
This is my favorite finished Minoru 
Sew-Along from Sewaholic
Tutorial for adding side pockets 

No comments:

Post a Comment